Sunday, June 14, 2009

John Abraham plays himself in Fillum City

June 9, 2009 - 11:20 IST
In his new film Fillum City directed by debutant Deven Khote, John Abraham plays himself."I'm playing John Abraham. And believe you me, it's not easy. I keep looking for myself in the character and find there're so many things that I want to keep for myself. I'm trying to act and dress as I do in real life. It's tough because you're constantly trying to 'act' like yourself."
Not that John is a private person. But he does wish people wouldn't put out misinformation about him. "I believe the websites have put out stories that I'm doing an international film called American Empire. I haven't even read the script. So where's the question of my doing it? Doing international films isn't a burning ambition for me." Though an enthusiastic voter, John couldn't be part of Karan Johar's short-film featuring most of Bollywood's youth icons to promote voting awareness. "Would you believe I was part of that project from the start? I sat with the director Tarun Mansukhani and Karan and we discussed the idea. But on the day we were to shoot, I was down with a viral fever. I'd have loved to work with Tarun. He's a wonderful boy. Hopefully, we'll be doing the Dostana sequel shortly."

No comments:

Post a Comment